Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hong Kong Central Library




My husband and I had a fantastic week in Hong Kong for our honeymoon in September. It was a great time, and we both took tons of photos.

When I first spotted the Hong Kong Central Library from a distance, I wondered what that strange-looking building was. However, once we were inside I found it was a very nice space. (Photos were not allowed, so you will have to take my word for it.) The photo of the gold plaque is a braille sign. There were also raised tiles on the floor for sight-impaired guidance.

The central area was very open, which reminded me a little of the Central branch of the Lexington Public Library. I always find myself surprised at how much libraries are really quite similar, no matter where you are in the world.

No comments:

BlogWithIntegrity.com